Hazel River Mouse Shire
“I am a mouse, small but true.”
This collection of questions is intended to help you create a new character for Mouse Guard. Answer each question as if your character was answering. Use one of the suggestions. Feel free to skip a question & come back to it or even change an answer later. When you are ready to create a character on the portal you can use your answers here to determine traits, trades, even biographic details for your character.Part I: Who are you?
- 1. What is your name?
- 2. Are you a male or female mouse?
- 3. What color is your fur? Brown/Blonde/Gray/Black/White/Red
- 4. How tall are you? Tall/Medium/Short (take the Tall or Short trait if you choose one of those)
- 5. What is your body type? Thin/Medium/Stout (take the Thin or Stout trait if you choose one of those)
- 6. What is your age? Young Adult/Middle Aged/Old (Young Adult has more Health than Will; Old has more Will than Health)
- 7. Where were you born? Northshire/Midlands/South Farthing/East Farthing/Outside the Hazel Shire
- • Northshire mice live in towns & specialize in a variety of trades;
- • Midlands mice live in harvester communities & enjoy relative safety in the heart of the Shire;
- • South Farthing mice live on a wilderness frontier in pockets of survivalists and have an independent streak;
- • East Farthing mice live in harvester communities or towns which are busy trading with settlements in the east;
- • Outside the Hazel Shire mice may be Travelers, Bandits, or Wild without any sense of law or manners.
- 8. What are the names of your parents?
- 9. Were you the oldest of many children? The youngest? In the middle? Only child?
- 10. Did your parents die when you were young? Were any of your siblings killed by predators? Did your father fight in the Weasel Wars? Were you sent to live in an orphanage operated by the Mouse Guard?
- 11. Did you grow up in town? In a fishing village? Were your parents tradesmice like bakers, weavers, or smiths, or were they merchants or shopkeepers? Did they work with bees or insects? Did they work for the town government or in the library? (Choose Trades for your parents.)
- 12. Did you grow up in a harvester community outside of a town? Were your parents gatherers, storing nuts & grain for the winter? Were they leaders in the community, organizing the storage for winter, or were they just simple harvesters trying to keep their families fed & warm? (Choose Trades for your parents.)
- 13. Did you grow up with a band of Travelers, constantly moving from one town or settlement to the next in a caravan, entertaining & trading with the mice your family met along the way? Were your parents Loremice who sang songs & recited stories from the past? (Choose Trades for your parents.)
- 14. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to be what your parents were? Did you want to join the Mouse Guard? (Choose your Trade.)
- 15. Were any of your relatives in the Guard? Did you join as part of a family tradition?
- 16. Were you recruited to join by a Guard Patrol which visited your community? Were you looking for adventure or a chance to escape the boredom of your life at home?
- 17. Were you compelled to travel to Stonewall Abbey to join the Guard out of desperation or poverty?
- 18. Did you commit an offense which could have been punished with exile from the Shire? Was an offer to join the Guard your only alternative?
- 19. Did you intend to serve only a short time in the Guard & then go back to your home?
- 20. Are you a “lifer” in the Guard?